Connecting with you sometimes means meeting you where you are in your daily life, at home, on the road, or even in the grocery store. To help you understand your health better, Rush has partnered with Higi, which offers free screenings and surveys in grocery stores and pharmacies.
Rush works with more than 200 Higi Smart Health Stations in Jewel-Osco, Mariano's and Meijer stores throughout the Chicago area. Higi Smart Health Stations allow you to measure, track and act on your health data with free screenings and questionnaires. Screenings available include self-service blood pressure, pulse, weight, body mass index and risk for type 2 diabetes, heart attack and stroke.
With your consent, your screening data will be entered into your Rush University Medical Center electronic health record — allowing you and your provider to keep track of your results.
To start your free screening, find a Higi Smart Health Station near you.
Rush and Higi are partnering to connect you with the tools and treatment you need to take the first step toward changing your lifestyle.
Whether you want to improve your overall health, lose weight, become more active or regain momentum after a setback, Rush has solutions for you. Our service options include the following:
- Lifestyle medicine: The lifestyle medicine program takes a whole person approach to help you lose weight and prevent or control chronic conditions by changing your health behaviors. Our lifestyle medicine specialists provide evidence-based strategies to improve your health.
- Weight management: No matter your goals or needs, Rush can help guide you toward a program for successful, long-term weight loss and lifestyle change. If you’ve struggled with other weight loss treatments in the past or are considering a range of medical weight loss options, this is a good place to start.
- Bariatric surgery: If you are considering bariatric surgery, our team can help determine if it's right for you. We offer a full range of procedures and will help with all your needs before, during, and after.
Get started on improving your lifestyle today. If you’re not sure about your next steps, call us at (888) 352-RUSH (7874) or make an appointment with a primary care provider to discuss your options.
If you checked in with us on a Higi Station, you can discuss your progress and results with your provider during your next visit. In the meantime, make sure to keep coming back to a local station to keep an eye on your numbers.
Our Care for Aging Chicagoans program matches you with clinical services, programs, and initiatives dedicated to serving the needs of older adults as well as families and caregivers. From our hospital on the near west side, to your home and community, we are committed to creating an age-friendly Chicagoland that improves health and well-being for older adults and their families.
Based on a personalized survey on the Higi machine and optional enrollment in Rush Generations, a free membership program for adults of all ages, the Care for Aging Chicagoans program offers the following:
- New health information and community resources
- Strategies to improve quality of life
- Support for family members and friends as they age
- Methods for staying focused on and achieving personal goals
Partner with Higi and Rush to get heart healthy. We’re here for you every step of the way — any age, any stage. We’ll give you tips and connect you with the right expert based on your needs.
A new test on the Higi Health Station, brought to you by CardioSmart and Rush, can help you find out your risk of heart attack or stroke.
Higi’s Heart Health Risk Test is a free and accurate on-station test can help you find out your 10-year or lifetime risk of having a heart attack or stroke. To find out your risk, all you have to do is take a few short minutes to answer some quick questions about your health and lifestyle.
After you take the risk test, you’ll receive recommended next steps based on your unique score and risk factors.