Safe Care at Rush:
Rush has taken the necessary steps to ensure it's a safe place for treatment. Learn more.
About the Rush Oak Park Rehabilitation Center
- Complete rehab to help you recover: The rehabilitation center offers several levels of inpatient and outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy to help you with your physical, social and emotional healing. The center's staff also work closely with physicians, nurses and social workers to create overall treatment plans that get patients back on their feet, literally and figuratively. Our goal is to return you, as much as possible, to your previous level of function and independent living. It's rare that you'll find so many rehab services at a community hospital.
- Your recovery starts here: At Rush Oak Park Hospital, you can begin rehabilitation the same day you are admitted to the hospital. If you need intense inpatient therapy to help with recovery, you can do physical, occupational and/or speech therapy for up to three hours a day.
- Continuity of care for your comfort: Whether you start your rehab at Rush Oak Park Hospital in the hospital or as an outpatient, you can expect seamless care. If you see our physiatrist or one of our therapists in the hospital, you will continue to see them after you are discharged. And if you come here for outpatient physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, you'll have the same therapist for your entire course of therapy.
- Skilled care to help you transition home: Unlike other hospitals, Rush Oak Park offers hospital-caliber rehab care in a skilled care setting. In our Skilled Care Unit, you will have 24/7 nursing care as well as comprehensive, customized therapy. And because you'll still be within the hospital, your Rush specialists will be close by to monitor your progress and, if needed, order tests or provide follow-up care.
- Holistic services to enhance recovery: At Rush Oak Park Hospital, what we do for our hospitalized patients between therapy sessions is as important as the therapy itself. We offer a variety of recreational opportunities to provide a stimulating, mood-boosting environment. Activities include pet therapy and our unique gardening program. Our outdoor garden features three raised beds that patients can tend to (weather and health permitting) and a tranquil flower walk.
Recognized for Providing the Highest-Quality Rehab Care
Rush Oak Park Hospital is among the 7% of U.S. hospitals to receive the highest rating — five stars — from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for rehab quality.
Rush Oak Park Rehabilitation Center is located in the medical building on the Oak Park Hospital campus. We're just off the Eisenhower Expressway (I-290) and the Harlem Avenue exit, go two blocks to Monroe, turn east (right) to Maple Avenue and follow the signage to the free garage or complementary valet service. It is also easily accessible by bus and trains.
Valet and garage parking are available for patients and visitors at Rush Oak Park Hospital.