About Rush Copley Medical Center NICU
- Highest level of care: Our neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) is a level III, the highest level of care for babies in need. Advanced technology and expert providers, including neonatatologists and specially-trained NICU nurses, monitor and treat your baby 24 hours a day.
- Next door to labor and delivery: Located in our Family Birth Center, our NICU is near our delivery or operating rooms. That means that when seconds matter most, your baby can receive immediate care from our team of experts. Our postpartum recovery rooms are also nearby so you can conveniently visit your baby at any time.
- Designed with family in mind: Our NICU provides the space and support your family needs to bond with your baby. We offer private rooms for our NICU patients, and you are welcome to visit or stay with your baby at any time. Our Parent Resource Room includes computers and educational materials, as well as a calm and quiet environment, so you can relax and recharge between visits.
- Shared reading resources: Our Parent Resource Room also offers a book mobile for the NICU's shared reading program. We encourage you to choose from these books and read at your baby's bedside. You may also take these books home for your baby, or to share with siblings.
- Breastfeeding support: Research shows the benefits of breast milk to help small and vulnerable babies grow. At Rush Copley Medical Center, our nursing staff and lactation consultants will assist you with breastfeeding, including pumping so you can provide breast milk for your baby until they are strong enough to nurse. Our Rush Copley Lactation Center will also support you as you transition home after your NICU stay.
Our Team of Providers
Recognized for Maternity Care
Rush Copley was named to Newsweek’s 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals. The distinction recognizes facilities that have excelled in providing care to mothers, newborns and their families, as verified by the 2019 Leapfrog Hospital Survey.Learn more