Rush Copley Heart Score CT Scan
It’s a quick and painless way to discover any potential problems. Using advanced, multidetector CT scanning technology, the Heart Score allows our doctors to examine a detailed, 3-D image of your heart to help detect plaque build-up—before symptoms occur.
Why is this test important?
Up to 35% of people who suffer a heart attack experienced no previous symptoms. Which makes the Heart Score a valuable tool for the prevention and early detection of heart disease. So take advantage of this affordable offer now—and put your mind at ease. No physician referral is necessary for ages 40 and older.
What can a heart CT scan detect?
The heart CT scan can reveal several types of heart abnormalities, including the following:
- Plaque build-up in the coronary arteries (to determine your risk for heart disease)
- Congenital heart disease (heart problems present at birth, which can cause health issues in adulthood if left untreated)
- Heart valve defects and diseases
- Blockages in the arteries that supply the heart
- Tumors or masses in the heart
- Problems with the heart's ability to pump
Who should get a heart CT scan?
You should consider scheduling a heart score if you are between the ages of 40 and 75, have not previously been diagnosed with heart disease and have at least two of these risk factors:
- Family history of heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Physically inactive
Risks of High Cholesterol
Patient Calls Heart Score a ‘Lifesaver’
Can Stress Cause a Heart Attack?
Stress has been known to affect sleeping patterns, digestive health and even muscle tension and body aches. But how does it affect your heart?
Find out what impact stress has on your body and how to combat it.