What makes Rush nurses special? We love our work, and we know we are valued and respected. Rush's Magnet designation proves that our nurses are among the best in the nation. And Rush’s shared governance model ensures that nurses have a powerful voice in determining nursing practice and standards.
The science and art of nursing
Rush is a great place to work and develop as a professional. Why? It's a prestigious medical center that blends education, research and patient care, while serving the needs of an exciting, diverse city. And as nurses, we bring diversity of background and expertise to achieve a shared purpose:
- To treat patients as individuals with specific needs using skill, compassion and dignity
- To maintain rigorous standards of care
- To build our knowledge through ongoing education
Rush nurses are passionate about their work, and their reach extends beyond the hospital to community initiatives and volunteer activities. We truly care, and we make a difference in the lives of everyone we touch.
Why join the nursing team at Rush?
- Rush offers a competitive benefits package.
- Nurses at Rush have the opportunity to pursue advanced degree training.
- Rush’s Nurse Residency Program supports new graduate nurses throughout the first year of clinical practice.
- We offer opportunities to undertake research, and we fund ongoing education and professional development through Rush University and its top-ranked College of Nursing.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions About Nursing at Rush to learn more.
Apply for a nursing position at Rush
To join the nursing team at Rush University Medical Center, apply online at www.jobsatrush.com.