What is a donor-advised fund?
A donor-advised fund, or DAF, is a giving tool that allows you to easily make gifts to the charitable organization of your choice online, and take an immediate tax deduction for the contribution. By setting up a donor-advised fund, DAF Direct allows you to make gifts to Rush directly. Get started by clicking this link:
How does DAF work?
- Establish your donor-advised fund by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program.
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free) .
- Recommend gifts to qualified public charities of your choice, such as Rush. You can chose to be recognized or remain anonymous.
Why should I create a DAF?
- Simplicity – The DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility – Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- Tax-efficiency – Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long-term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock.
Family legacy – A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.