Jasmine Muñoz decided to become a doctor after seeing too many people die young. Many growing up in Chicago’s public housing, as she did, couldn’t afford health care, and Muñoz’s family wouldn’t be able to help her pay for medical school. Thanks in part to scholarships, Muñoz graduated from Rush Medical College in 2013 and is on her way to becoming an obstetric gynecologist.
“Without scholarships, fulfilling my lifelong goal of becoming a physician wouldn’t be possible,” Muñoz says. “My goal is to make a positive impact on the environment children are born into.”
But to get there, Muñoz still had to take on $20,000 per year in debt to make her dream a reality. If her scholarship was any less, she likely would have had to choose a new path.
Support Rush scholarships and invest in the future
All of us deserve access to high-quality health care. Your support of today’s students will strengthen tomorrow’s health care workforce, affecting health care for your family, your friends and yourself. Scholarship donations will help ensure that bright, dedicated students like Muñoz have the opportunity to pursue health care careers, regardless of their financial situation.
Generous donations from Rush’s alumni, patients and friends helps students from all four Rush University colleges — Rush Medical College, College of Nursing, College of Health Sciences and the Graduate College — receive nationally recognized training for health care careers in a wide range of health disciplines.
More benefits of donating to Rush scholarships
- Deduct the full scholarship donation from income taxes.
- Create a lasting, supporting legacy.
- Make an impact not just on students, but also on the patients those future doctors will treat.
- Donations of $1,000 or more to Rush Medical College or graduate medical education are recognized through membership in the Benjamin Rush Society.
- Donations of $300 or more to the College of Nursing are recognized through membership in the Golden Lamp Society.
- Any donation of $1,000 or more is celebrated through membership in the Anchor Cross Society, Rush’s leadership annual giving society.
- Estate gifts in support of scholarships are recognized through membership in the Rush Heritage Society, the planned giving recognition society.
For more information about supporting Rush University’s students, contact a member of the Annual Giving team at (312) 942-6112 or at email@example.com.