As we begin to reopen Rush University Medical Center for elective procedures and in-person care, we are putting your safety first. For information about COVID-19, see the latest updates. Rush accepts donations to support our response effort, staff, and patients and families.
Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin to Prevent Hospitalization or Death in Persons with COVID-19
Participants will be randomized 1:1 to receive active/placebo study treatment as follows: HCQ/Placebo 400 mg orally twice a day on Day 0, followed by 200 mg orally twice a day for 6 days, and Azithro/Placebo 500 mg once on Day 0, followed by 250 mg daily for 4 days.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Participant (or legally authorized representative) provides informed consent prior to initiation of any study procedures.
- Participant ≥18 years of age.
- Documentation of confirmed active SARS-CoV-2 infection, as determined by a molecular test conducted at any US clinic or laboratory that has a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) certification or its equivalent from any respiratory specimen collected <96 hours from when the first dose of study treatment is expected to be taken.
- Experiencing at least one of the following SARS-CoV-2 infection symptoms within 24 hours of screening: fever (can be subjective) OR cough OR shortness of breath.
- Agrees to not participate in another clinical trial for the treatment of COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2 during the study period up until reaching hospitalization or 21 days, whichever is earliest.
This is a partial list of elgibility requirements.