Vizient has ranked Rush University Medical Center #1 for quality among the nation’s most prestigious academic medical centers. Learn more.
Treatment Study for Patients with Stage IV Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
This study looks at patients with advanced lung cancer. Participants in this study will be randomized into two groups. The first group will have radiation plus a drug (pembrolizumab). The second group will have only the drug (pembrolizumab). Tumors of participants will be measured to see if the addition of radiation changes the growth of the tumor compared to the drug alone.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Have measurable disease.
- Are willing to provide tissue from a newly obtained core or excisional biopsy of a tumor lesion.
- Have a performance status of ≤1 ECOG Performance Scale.
- Demonstrate adequate organ function.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have received study therapy or used an investigational device within 4 weeks of the first dose of treatment.
- Have a diagnosis of immunodeficiency or are receiving systemic steroid therapy or any other form of immunosuppressive therapy within 7 days prior to the first dose of trial treatment.
- Have a known history of active TB (Bacillus Tuberculosis)
This is a partial list of elgibility requirements.