Clinical Trial TitleA 14-week, double-blind, randomized, three-arm, parallel group study to assess the efficacy and safety of two doses of pridopidine versus placebo for the treatment of levodopa-induced dyskinesia in patients with Parkinson’s disease (gLIDe).
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
The purpose of this research study is to determine if an investigational drug, pridopidine, is safe and effective in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease subjects with levodopa-induced dyskinesias (PD-LID). The study will also seek to determine the concentration of pridopidine in the body before and after the dose taken at the study clinic. This is the first study to test pridopidine in patients with PD-LID.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease.
- Are between the age of 30 and 85 years old.
- Have mild to moderate levodopa-induced dyskinesia.
- Take levodopa at least 3 times a day.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have a diagnosis of atypical parkinsonism.
- Have severe dyskinesia.
- Have a history of surgical intervention for PD.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.