Treatment of Postural and Gait Dysfunction in Parkinson's Disease
The purpose of this study is to test the drug Chantix on patients with Parkinson's disease and to see if it can improve balance impairment and postural instability often found in that patient population. This is a single-center, placebo-conrolled study, and we expect to recruit approximately 40 patients. The treatment will be assigned randomly.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Have mild to moderate Parkinson’s disease with a history of falls.
- Are at least 40 years of age.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have current psychiatric disease.
- Are currently a smoker or taking nicotine replacement products.
- Are currently taking Artane, Cogentin or Wellbutrin.
- Have severe tremor.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements.