Surgery With Thrombolysis To Treat Acute Intracerebral Hemorrhage Study
The purpose of this study is to determine if minimally invasive brain surgery in combination with the use of tPA will more quickly remove an acute intracerebral hemorrhage and therefore improve the functional neurological outcomes. Nationwide, 500 patients will be recruited for this study. At Rush University Medical Center we expect to recruit approximately 12-20 patients over the next 2 years. The treatment will be assigned randomly.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Have an acute intracerebral hemorrhage.
- Be age 18-80 years of age.
- Have hemorrhage related only to hypertension.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have any prior neurological disability.
- Cannot be available for follow-up visits during the year.
This is a partial list of elgibility requirements.