Study for Patients with Treatment Resistant Depression
The purpose of this study is to examine whether using fermented milk product with probiotic (FMPP), a yogurt-like substance, over a period of eight weeks can improve the mood of subjects with major depressive disorder (MDD).
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are between 21 and 65 years of age and have been diagnosed with MDD.
- Have a body mass index between 18 and 40.
- Have no planned antibiotic treatment during the study, and agree to avoid antibiotic treatments for the duration of the study.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Are vegan, or observe other specific dietary patterns that are not representative of the general population.
- Are lactose intolerant.
- Have used FMPP or yogurt for 12 weeks preceding study entry and are unwilling to stop for study duration.
- Have a history of three or more failed trials of antidepressant medications of adequate dose or duration.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.