Study for Patients with Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia
To provide midostaurin treatment during induction, consolidation and continuation for adult patients with newly diagnosed FLT3 mutated AML and to collect additional data on treatment safety.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 years of age or older. Elderly patients must be fit to receive intensive induction and consolidation chemotherapy.
- Have newly diagnosed, morphologically documented primary AML or AML secondary to MDS based on WHO 2008 classification.
- Have documented FLT3 mutation (ITD or TKD).
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have had prior therapy for AML.
- Have LVEF <45% or symptomatic congestive heart failure.
- Have any pulmonary infiltrates.
- Have QTc>500 msec.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.