Clinical Trial TitleStudy evaluating the microbiome of human immunodificiency virus individuals in comparison with healthy controls.
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the microbiome of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV+) individuals currently treated with ART (antiretroviral therapy) treatment. This study does not include a study intervention. There are two visits likely to last up to 4 hours total. Approximately 80 participants are expected to take part in this study at Rush University Medical Center.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are between 18 and 65 years of age.
- Are a healthy control or HIV+ participant on ART for at least 12 months.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, or a GI cancer.
- Are on immunosuppressive medications in last 60 days.
- Have had an opportunistic infection in the last 60 days.
- Have had a GI surgery.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.