At Rush University Medical Center, we are putting your safety first. For information about COVID-19, see the latest updates. Rush accepts donations to support our response effort, staff, and patients and families.
Study of Attention Skills in English and Spanish-Speaking Children
This study examines attention skills in children with language impairment (also called language disorder or language-based learning disability) who are learning 1 language or 2 languages. Children who participate will complete assessments of language, hearing, cognition, and attention.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are 6-8 years old.
- Speak only English or both Spanish and English.
- Have language impairment or typical language development.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have a hearing loss.
- Have autism spectrum disorder.
- Have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Have a cognitive or intellectual disability.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.