Risk of MCI due to Alzheimer’s and Evaluation of Pioglitazone
The purpose of this five-year study is to qualify the biomarker risk algorithm for prognosis of the risk of developing mild cognitive impairment (MCI) due to Alzheimer’s disease (AD), and evaluate the efficacy of pioglitazone to delay the onset of MCI due to AD in cognitively normal persons.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 65 to 83 years of age.
- Have a reliable study partner.
- If female, be willing and able to take daily vitamin D (≥ 800 IU) and calcium (≥ 1000mg) supplements, unless medically contraindicated.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have a diagnosis of other neurological/psychiatric disease(s), or serious or unstable illnesses.
- Have a history of drug or alcohol abuse/dependence within the past two years.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.