Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Insomnia Treatment Study
The purpose of this study is to investigate the effectiveness of different treatment strategies for people who have both obstructive sleep apnea and insomnia. These treatment strategies include using a medical device known as CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) or using this device with a behavioral treatment to improve sleep. We are interested in testing different combinations and sequences using these approaches to see if we can improve patient care for people who suffer from both sleep apnea and insomnia. No drugs or medication are used in this approach.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 years of age and older.
- Have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep (meet criteria for insomnia).
- Have breathing difficulties during sleep (meet criteria for obstructive sleep apnea).
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Are using medications for sleep and are unable to discontinue the medication for the duration of the study.
- Are a rotating or night shift worker.
- Are not proficient in English.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.