Non-Alcoholic Steato-Hepatitis and Decompensated Cirrhosis Drug Treatment Study
The purpose of this study is to test whether a drug called emricasan (IDN-6556) can help prevent complications in patients with decompensated NASH cirrhosis. This drug will be compared with placebo in patients with NASH. Nationwide and in Europe, 210 patients will be enrolled in this study. Rush University Medical Center expects to enroll five patients. The treatment will be assigned randomly.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a diagnosis of NASH cirrhosis.
Have at least one of the following:
- A history of variceal bleed.
- A history of moderate ascites and are being treated with diuretics.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have severe decompensated NASH cirrhosis.
- Have a Child-Pugh score ≥ 10.
- Have had a liver transplant.
This is a partial list of elgibility requirements.