Clinical Trial TitleA study to test the efficacy and safety of NOMAC-E2 (MK-8175A) birth control pill
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
The purpose of this study is to test the research study drug NOMAC-E2 (MK-8175A) oral tablets with respect to the effectiveness in preventing pregnancy, the regulation of your menstrual cycle, the safety in terms of side effects, the above aspects compared to the marketed drug NETA-EE (Lo Loestrin Fe). Approximately 2,480 women are expected to be in the study at approximately 100 research sites. We expect to enroll approximately 36 subjects at Rush University Medical Center.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are a sexually active woman.
- Need contraception and are willing to use a pill for 12 months.
- Are 18 to 50 years old.
- Are in good physical and mental health.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Are not sexually active, not at risk for pregnancy or not in need of contraception.
- Are planning to use birth control methods other than the study drug, including condoms.
- Are a smoker over the age of 35.
- Have a history of blood clots, heart attack or stroke.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements.