The NEWTON 2 Trial
Primary objective: To compare the efficacy of intraventricular EG-1962 to standard of care oral nimodipine in subjects with aSAH.
Secondary objective: To determine the safety of intraventricular EG-1962 compared to standard of care oral nimodipine in subjects with aSAH.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a ruptured saccular aneurysm confirmed by angiography and repaired by neurosurgical clipping or endovascular coiling.
- Have an external ventricular drain in place.
- Have subarachnoid hemorrhage on computed tomography (CT) scan of grade 2-4 on the modified Fisher scale.
- Have WFNS grade 2, 3, or 4.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have major complication during aneurysm repair such as, but not limited to, massive intraoperative hemorrhage, brain swelling, arterial occlusion or inability to secure the ruptured aneurysm.
- Have angiographic vasospasm prior to randomization.
- Have evidence of a cerebral infarction with neurological deficit.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.