Clinical Trial TitleMAP HIS HF study: Mapping and pacing of the His Bundle for heart failure patients with left bundle branch block.
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
This is a prospective, single-arm, non-randomized, non-blinded study designed to characterize the locations of His Bundle (HB) pacing that results in correction of electrical dyssynchrony and to characterize the morphology and activation time of local intracardiac electrogram (IEGM) with an electro-anatomical mapping system during a device implant procedure. This study will also assess the efficacy of HB pacing or HB plus LV pacing (when indicated) in correction of electrical dyssynchrony in heart failure patients with left bundle branch block.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are at least 18 years of age.
- Have been recommended for implant of an Abbott pacemaker or CRT device.
- Have an ECG morphology of typical complete left bundle branch block and wide QRS comples (>130 ms).
- Have a diagnosis of heart failure with left ventricular ejection fraction < 50%
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have non-specific intraventricular conduction delay or right bundle branch block.
- Have previously implanted cardiac devices with three or more permanent leads.
- Have a history of aortic valve repair or replacement or tricuspid valve replacement.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.