Knee Joint Osteoarthritis Treatment Study
This is a prospective, randomized study evaluating the efficacy of ReNu for the treatment of Kellgren-Lawrence grade 2 or 3 osteoarthritis. Patients will be randomized into one of three groups for injection into the affected knee, as follows:
- ReNu — study treatment
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) injection — with commonly used injection material
After treatment, patients will be followed up to 12 months to evaluate improvements using common pain and function subscales.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Be age 18 and older.
- Have osteoarthritis of knee on Kellgren-Lawrence grade 2 or 3.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Had pain medication (including NSAIDs) less than 15 days before injection. (May take acetaminophen.)
- Have symptoms of locking, intermittent block to range of motion or loose body sensation which could indicate meniscal displacement or an intraarticular loose body.
- Had corticosteroid injection in past three months.
- Had viscosupplement injection in past three months.
- Had knee surgery in last 12 months.
- Had knee surgery for contralateral knee pain in the last six months.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.