ixCELL-DCM: Stem Cell Study
This study will assess the safety and efficacy of using stem cells from the patient's own bone marrow to treat CHF due to ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy. Eligible patients will receive stem cells (or placebo) delivered directly to the heart using a minimally invasive catheter technique, with the aim of improving heart function and symptoms of CHF.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are a male or female between the ages of 30 and 86.
- Have been diagnosed with ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Have an automatic implantable cardioverter defibrillator (AICD).
- Have a left ventricular ejection fraction (measure of heart pumping function) less than 35 percent.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have or plan to have a ventricular assist device (VAD) implantation or heart transplant.
- Have had a myocardial infarction (heart attack), stroke or transient ischemic attack within the last three months.
This is a partial list of eligibility and exclusion criteria. To inquire whether you are eligible for this study, please call the contact number provided. If you choose to inquire via email, please refer to the study title in your correspondence.