Germ Cell Tumor Trial
To provide paclitaxel, ifosfamide, and cisplatin or carboplatin and etoposide treatment for patients with relapsed or refractory germ cell tumors and to collect additional data on treatment safety.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Have confirmation of germ cell tumor (GCT) histology on pathologic review.
- Have evidence of progressive or recurrent GCT (measurable or non-measurable) following one line of cisplatin based chemotherapy.
- Have received 3-6 cycles of cisplatin-based chemotherapy as part of first-line (initial) chemotherapy.
- Have no more than one prior line of chemotherapy for GCT.
- Are older than 14 years of age.
- Have no prior treatment with TIP, with the exception of TIP given as a bridge for patients with rapidly progressive disease. Only one cycle is allowed.
- Have an ECOG of 0-2.
- Have a negative serology for HIV, HTLV, hepititis B and/or hepititis C.
- Have no late relapse with completely surgically resectable disease.
- Have no large (> 2 cm) hemorrhagic or symptomatic brain metastases until local treatment has been administered.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.