An Efficacy and Safety Trial of MK-8931 in Subjects with Prodromal Alzheimer’s Disease
The purpose of this four-year study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of multiple doses of an experimental drug compared to placebo, as measured by overall clinical decline and/or progression, in subjects with prodromal Alzheimer’s disease. At Rush University Medical Center, we anticipate recruiting approximately five people. Treatment or matching placebo will be assigned randomly.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are 50 to 85 years of age.
- Have been diagnosed with prodromal Alzheimer’s disease or aMCI.
- Have a study partner willing to accompany you to all study visits.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Are unwilling or unable to undergo multiple PET or MRI scans.
- Have medical conditions that are not stable or that require adjustments of your medications.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.