Depression Medication Treatment Study
This is a study of an FDA-approved medication for depression to see how effective it is in preventing a return of symptoms after the depression has been successfully treated.
This is a 48-week study. During the first 16 weeks all participants receive the study drug. Those whose depression improves may continue in the next 32-week phase during which some subjects will receive placebo and some will continue on the study drug.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18-75 years of age.
- Have major depressive disorder.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have certain other diagnoses.
- Have a history of ECT and/or certain other treatments or procedures within 6 months of study.
- Have current, or history of, substance use or dependence.
- Have certain other medical conditions or are required to take a medication that is excluded during the study.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.