To evaluate the hypothesis that Trevo thrombectomy plus medical management leads to superior clinical outcomes at 90 days as compared to medical management alone in appropriately selected subjects experiencing an acute ischemic stroke when treatment is initiated within 6-24 hours after last seen well.
Number of visits: 2 additional visits post discharge
Expected duration of participation: 90 days
Tests performed: Labs, mRS, NIHSS, MRA, CTA, CTP (imaging at screen and 24hr post randomization),
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have more than 6 hours since LKW.
- Have a failed/DQ for t-PA.
- Have baseline NIHSS ≥10.
- Have pre-procedure mRS ≤1.
- Have additional imaging inclusion.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have severe head injury ≤90 days pre-procedure.
- Have pre-existing neurological/psychiatric disease.
- Have lab exclusion criteria, imaging criteria.
Enrollment: Late stroke patients either refered from outside institutions or in-house.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.