Blood Test Early Detection of Colorectal Cancer
Onconome, Inc., is currently developing a serum-based assay for the early detection of colorectal cancer (CRC). This assay uses a novel protein biomarker panel comprised of seven proteins previously identified as serum biomarkers for predicting the probability of CRC. Thus far, the assay has been developed using 431 serum samples comprised of normal and CRC samples. The purpose of this pre-IDE study is to collect an additional pool of samples that may be used to further develop this serum-based assay. Subjects will be compensated for their time and effort.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are between age 50 and 80.
- Are able to give consent and undergo a blood draw.
- Are already scheduled to undergo a clinically indicated (physician-prescribed) endoscopic procedure at Rush, paid for by your insurance for your clinical evaluation.
- Do not have a personal history of inflammatory bowel disease or cancer.
- Have not had a colonoscopy within the last five years.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message