BACE1 Inhibitor Treatment Study
The purpose of this 20-month trial is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of multiple doses of an experimental drug compared to placebo when given to people with Alzheimer’s disease. At Rush University Medical Center, we anticipate recruiting approximately 18 people. Treatment or matching placebo will be assigned randomly.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are 55 to 85 years of age.
- Have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Have a study partner willing to accompany you to all study visits.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Are unwilling or unable to undergo multiple MRI scans.
- Have medical conditions that are not stable or that require adjustments of your medications.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.