Atrial Septal Defects Quality of Life Study
The purpose of this study is to explore the quality of life in adults newly diagnosed with an atrial septal defect (ASD). An ASD is a hole between the upper chambers of the heart.
Patients will be asked to complete questionnaires at three time points:
- Before ASD closure in the catheterization lab.
- One month after ASD closure.
- Six months after ASD closure.
It should take about 25 to 35 minutes to complete the questionnaires. Patients will receive a $15 gift card after answering the pre-closure questionnaires and a $10 gift card after completing the study.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are 21 years of age or older.
- Have been newly diagnosed with an ASD.
- Have an ASD that will be repaired in the cardiac catheterization lab.
- Are able to speak, read and write in English.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have any other type of congenital heart defect.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.