Let's walk together! Join Rush and the American Medical Association this summer as we walk for improved health and to strengthen the bonds with our West Side neighbors. Rush health professionals/students will give wellness tips before each walk in Garfield Park.
Where: Garfield Park Golden Dome Field House, 100 N. Central Park Ave.
- Free parking is available.
When: Every Saturday morning for seven weeks at 10 a.m. The first walk is on July 13, and the last one is on August 24.
- The walks typically last close to an hour
- How to Register: Registration is required. To register online, click on one of the walk date links below. If you're participating in multiple walks, you only need to register online for one of the dates. To register by phone, call (888) 352-RUSH (7874). For more information, please email Walk4Wellness@Rush.edu.
- Public Transportation: Refer to the Chicago Transit Authority website for information on getting to the Garfiled Park Golden Dome Field House.
- Bonus: Healthy snacks will be provided weekly to all walkers. Walkers who register to participate will receive a free T-shirt and goodie bag (while supplies last). And, West Side residents who bring five new walkers each Saturday will have a chance to win a prize ($100 value)!
Need One More Reason? Walking Earns Choose Health Points
If you are a participant in Rush’s Choose Health employee wellness program, you can earn action plan points towards cash rewards each time you participate in a community walk. Contact Kathryn Foulser at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 942-7479 for more information.
The West Side Walk for Wellness is sponsored by the Rush Office of Community Engagement under the direction of Vice President Darlene Hightower, JD, and David Ansell, MD, senior vice president, Community Health Equity, with the support of American Medical Association and the Chicago Park District. The walks support our anchor mission to improve community health and economic vitality in the diverse neighborhoods we serve.