A diagnosis of cancer can stir up many emotions, including fear, sadness and confusion. During these uncertain times, it's easy to become overwhelmed.
A host of resources are available to inform, guide and support you. A patient navigator, a licensed clinical social worker who is an employee of the American Cancer Society, is available to connect you to these resources.
Information and support for you and your loved ones
The patient navigator meets with patients and family members either by phone or in person to discuss your needs. The patient navigator can help you with the following:
- Learning about cancer and different types of treatments
- Finding transportation to and from your cancer treatments
- Locating financial assistance programs for various treatment-related needs
- Getting free wigs and hats in a variety of styles
- Finding prosthesis resources
- Learning more about clinical trials evaluating new treatments, many of which are available at Rush
- Accessing services and resources at Rush
- Connecting with survivors and support groups
To meet with the patient navigator or for more information, please call (800) 227-2345.