Recovering from a major injury, accident, or illness can be scary and frustrating. Rush is here to help.
If you or a loved one requires inpatient rehabilitation, Rush Rehabilitation is your next step. Our 54-bed rehabilitation program, located in the Medical Center, is a critical part of the Rush care continuum. The program provides a seamless transition to patients who require intensive rehabilitation after being discharged from the hospital.
Under the guidance of rehabilitation credentialed nurses and physicians’ board certified in rehabilitation medicine, our compassionate and dedicated award winning staff is determined to help you achieve your maximum recovery.
Staying at Rush for your rehabilitation means the physicians who took care of you in the hospital are just steps away. They work closely with our rehabilitation physicians to coordinate care throughout your recovery.
Our program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and is the first program in Chicago to be designated a Stroke Specialty Program by CARF. Additionally, the program has earned a Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association. We bring this award winning care model to all our patients which includes:
- Magnet-accredited nursing staff certified in rehabilitation nursing
- Research studies into best practices that help patients return to optimum health
- A strong interdisciplinary team approach to patient-centered care
Our patients play in involved role in their own care while they recieve treatment in the Rush Rehabilitation program. They, and their caregivers, are also involved in advocating for other patients through the Rush Rehabilitation Patient Advisory Council which meets quarterly to discuss facilty needs and patient-centered initiatives.
In 2013, four of our former patients, and Patient Advisory Council members, chose to sit down and share their story with us. Please watch as the Kendalls, Robert, the Rieras, and Marvel speak about what Rush Rehabilitation is really like.
Our rehabilitation team is dedicated to our patients' recovery and meets regularly to discuss patient progress. Treatment plans are tailored to assist patients in regaining maximum functionality.
- Dedicated physiatrists (physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians) lead the team in coordinating patient care.
- Highly trained pyschologists, physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech language pathologists work side by side with patients to achieve their recovery goals.
- Rehabilitation-certified nurses support medical needs and provide clinical care 24 hours a day
- Chaplains and registered dietitians provide a holistic approach to rehabilitation
- Social workers work closely with patients, family and caregivers to coordinate re-entry into the community.