Quality of Life In Adults with Atrial Septal Defects
The purpose of this study is to explore the quality of life in adults newly diagnosed with an atrial septal defect (ASD). An ASD is a hole between the upper chambers of the heart.
Patients will be asked to complete questionnaires at three time points:
- Before ASD closure in the catheterization lab
- One month after ASD closure
- Six months after ASD closure.
It should take about 25 to 35 minutes to complete the questionnaires. Patients will receive a $15 gift card after answering the pre-closure questionnaires and a $10 gift card after completing the study.
You may be eligible to participate in this study if you:
- Are 21 years of age or older
- Have been newly diagnosed with an ASD
- Have an ASD that will be repaired in the cardiac catheterization lab
- Are able to speak, read and write in English
You will be excluded from this study if you:
- Have any other type of congenital heart defect
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.