Expressive Language Sampling as an Outcome Measure
The goal of this research study is to learn more about how samples of spoken language can be used to measure change over time in the spoken language, problem solving and behavior of individuals with genetic syndromes like fragile X syndrome. In the future, it is possible that measures of spoken language production may be useful as one way to learn whether different drugs can help individuals with genetic syndromes to learn and use language more effectively.
You may be eligible to participate in this study if you:
- Have had a confirmed diagnosis of Fragile X syndrome
- Are between ages 6 and 23 years old
- Have at least two to three word utterances
You will be excluded from this study if you:
- Do not meet age requirements
- Do not meet the level of functioning necessary for testing (two to three word utterances)
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.