Platelet-Oriented Inhibition in New TIA (POINT)
To determine whether taking Plavix and aspirin for 90 days immediately following a minor stroke or TIA will decrease the risk for another event
You may be eligible to participate in this study if you:
- Have neurological deficit (based on history or exam) attributed to focal brain ischemia and either:
- High-risk TIA: complete resolution of the deficit at the time of randomization and ABCD2 score of (greater than or equal to) 4 or
- Minor ischemic stroke: residual deficit with NIHSS of (less than or equal to) 3 at the time of randomization
- Have ability to randomize within 12 hours of time last known free of new ischemic symptoms..
- Are able to tolerate aspirin at a dose of 50-325 mg/day.
- Be over 18 years old.
- Don't have need for anticoagulation therapy or GI bleeding problems
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.