The completion of the new Tower hospital building marks a milestone in the Rush Transformation, a 10-year project that includes building new facilities, renovating older buildings and installing advanced technology.
Tours of the Tower are available to the public at 10 a.m. on the first Friday of each month and at 1 p.m. on the third Friday of each month. During the walking tours, which take approximately one hour, you'll have the opportunity to visit the following areas:
- The Edward A. Brennan Entry Pavilion — Rush's new front door
- Fourth floor main street — includes patient and visitor amenities such as a gift shop, quiet area and outdoor rooftop garden
- Herb Family Acute and Critical Care Tower patient room, housed in Rush's iconic butterfly tower
- Tours can be scheduled online or by calling (888) 352-RUSH (7874) to schedule a date and time from the tour options available on the first and third Friday of each month.
- Special arrangements can be made for people with disabilities. Please mention this need when you register.
Process for Touring the Tower
- There will be one entry and exit point for all visitors in the Tower.
- Tour guests will meet in the ground floor of the Brennan Pavilion in the new Tower at 1620 W. Harrison St.
- Parking is available across the street in main parking garage for a fee.
- Visitors must be escorted at all times by a Rush tour leader.
- Tour guests are asked to bring a photo ID on the day of the tour.
- There will be a maximum of 10 participants per tour. Each tour needs a minimum of five participants or the tour may be canceled and rescheduled.
Because space is limited, registration is required. There will be a fee for parking. Please call (888) 352-RUSH (7874) to register for this program or for more information.