Clinical trial in the treatment of SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus)
This is a double-blind, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of an injection medication in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. The study will examine the effects of the medication in two different doses compared to a placebo.
You may be eligible to participate in this study if you:
- Are 18 years of age or older with a clinical diagnosis of SLE
- Do not have active nephritis, CNS or peripheral neurologic disease including seizures, psychosis, stroke, cerebritis or isolated CNS vasculitis, myelopathy, Guillain-Barre syndrome, or other severe neurologic involvement requiring treatment
- Have not taken oral corticosteroids daily of > 40mg of prednisone or its equivalent, including IV within 30 days
- Have had no adjustments of oral antimalarial drugs within 30 days, have not initiated treatment of immunosuppressant drugs within 90 days, and no adjustments within 30 days
- Have not had treatment with IVIg within 180 days, and no treatment of rituximab or any other B cell targeted therapies. In addition, cannot have reeived any biologic, or DMARD within 90 days; or any other biologic therapy within five half-lives prior to baseline
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.