Rush University Medical Center in Chicago offers compassionate, individualized care for people with a variety of cancers of the urinary tract and male genital tract.
Genitourinary cancer care includes The Coleman Foundation Comprehensive Prostate Cancer Clinic, which offers men with suspected prostate cancer the ability to meet with a urologist, a medical oncologist and a radiation oncologist in a single visit.
We provide care for the following conditions:
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer
Diagnosis | Treatment | Clinical Trials | Resources
If you have a suspected or diagnosed cancer, we are here to help. Call (888) 352-RUSH (7874) to schedule an initial visit or second opinion.
The following diagnostic tests may be used to diagnose genitourinary cancers:
- Comprehensive metabolic panel
- Hormone profile
- Imaging tests, including MRI, CT scan, X-ray, ultrasound
- Intravenous pyelogram
- Prostate-specific antigen test
- Ureteral retrograde brush biopsy
- Urine culture
Rush offers the full range of treatments for genitourinary cancer, from standard therapies to innovative treatment options, and new options are being explored every day.
Physicians at Rush are involved in a number of clinical trials evaluating new treatment options for genitourinary cancers. Through clinical trials, some patients can access experimental treatments that are not otherwise available.
- Rush offers a patient navigator to help ease the burden of cancer on patients and their loved ones.
- The Cancer Integrative Medicine Program offers complementary and alternative medicine to accompany your medical treatment plan.
- Genitourinary cancer physicians, nurses and patient navigators help patients connect with a dietician and a psychologist who offer additional support and guidance.
In these videos, doctors at Rush who treat patients with genitourinary cancers, such as prostate cancer, bladder cancer, testicular cancer and kidney cancer, offer personal insights on their specialty and their philosophies of care.
Contact and Locations
Rush University Cancer Center
1725 W. Harrison St.
Chicago, IL 60612
To make an appointment, call (888) 352-RUSH (7874).
Medical Office Building at Rush Oak Park Hospital
610 S. Maple Ave.
Oak Park, IL 60304
To make an appointment, call (708) 660-INFO (4636).