| || |
|Dr. Zahid Amin leads a physician training course on intracardiac echo imaging in the Rush Preclinical Cath laboratory.|| |
The Rush Preclinical Catheterization Laboratory, the only GLP-compliant cath lab located in the Midwest within an academic medical center, offers researchers and industry sponsors with the opportunity to perform preclinical research and receive physician trainings on new devices and techniques. Below are descriptions of both our laboratory and physician training services:
The Rush Preclinical Catheterization Lab offers a comprehensive menu of acute and prospective in-vivo studies, ex-vivo studies and vast animal model experience, enabling us to recreate a wide range of clinical situations.
Our laboratory staff is available to provide the following services:
- Protocol, contract and budget development, including both standard templates and custom formats
- Animal procurement from qualified suppliers with an on-site husbandry facility
- Comprehensive study reporting services with the same rigorous data recording and maintanence as contract research organizations (CROs)
- A broad range of surgical and angiography capabilities
- Data analysis and manuscript writing
- A full-range of histopathology services completed by board-certified veterinary pathologists
Physician Training Services
The Rush Preclinical Catheterization Laboratory staff has vast experence training physicians, fellows and industry staff on using various catheters, devices and imaging techniques. Our training services include the following:
- Lecture and didactice instruction
- Individualized training with models
- Preclinical manipulation providing hands-on experience in the laboratory
- Faculty presentations
- Clinical case observations
Training agendas are also available.
Our facility is available to be contracted on a half-day, full-day or multiday basis. We offer competitive prices and customized packages.