Since the 1950s, University Cardiovascular Surgeons has helped thousands of people with venous conditions, such as varicose veins and venous insufficiency, lead active lives.
Because our physicians specialize in vascular surgery, they are equipped to handle both routine and complex cases. In fact, the breadth of their experience sometimes leads them to discover and successfully treat underlying conditions that could eventually become severely debilitating.
At our vein specialty program, patients and their referring physicians can expect the following:
Prompt appointment scheduling by a knowledgeable receptionist
Thorough pretreatment evaluations with an American Board of Surgery-certified vascular surgeon
Procedures performed on an outpatient basis
Thoughtful follow-up care
Close collaboration with referring physicians and physician assistants
- Timely consultation reports sent to referring physicians
Download a copy of our program brochure (PDF format).
At our clinic, we treat every imaginable vein condition, including the following:
- Varicose veins
- Spider veins
- Venous thrombosis
- Vein injuries
- Congenital venous abnormalities, such as arterial venous malformations
- Venous insufficiency
- Vein ulcerations
- Pulmonary embolism
As part of a major medical center, we continually explore new ways to treat venous disease. We keep abreast of the latest innovations in vein treatment, bringing advanced treatment options, such as the use of leading-edge laser devices, to our patients. We perform the following procedures:
- Endovenous laser and radiofrequency ablation for varicose veins and venous insufficiency
- Vein excision for varicose veins
- Venous bypass for venous injuries, malformations and other blockages
- Vena cava filters to prevent pulmonary embolism
- Perforating vein treatment for venous insufficiency and ulcerations
- Sclerotherapy for varicose and spider veins
We accept most major insurance plans. To determine if your insurance covers a specific procedure, please contact your insurance provider. Ask our billing staff about self-pay options.
Our highly trained staff provides care in treatment rooms that are both comfortable and state of the art. In addition, our clinic offers the following:
- Physicians with board certification in vascular surgery who are members of the American Venous Forum, a group of specialists dedicated to improving patient care through education and the exchange of information
- Board-certified physician assistants
- Specialty-trained nurses
- Nationally certified, state-of-the-art ultrasound laboratory
- Access to the resources of a major academic medical center, with close proximity to primary care physician offices, diagnostic laboratories and rehabilititation facilities