Multiplex Family Alzheimer’s Study
The Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Center is participating in an Alzheimer’s disease initiative to find genetic risk factors that determine whether a person is at greater risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease. The study looks at families that have a history of Alzheimer’s disease and analyzes DNA samples from both affected and nonaffected members of a family.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Have two blood-related family members older than 60 who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease*
- Have one family member older than 60 who has not been diagnosed with any memory deficits*
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria. For information, please call Jenny Haddow at (312) 942-4799.
*Must be living family members, unless brain tissue or a blood sample was preserved.
Health Services for Older Adults at
Rush University Medical Center in Chicago
Rush University Medical Center offers comprehensive health care services for older adults and their loved ones.
- For information on medical services for older adults, visit the Geriatric Services home page. Or call (800) 757-0202.
- To learn more about our a free health and aging membership program for older adults and the people who care for them, visit the Rush Generations home page. Or call (800) 757-0202. Rush Generations can help you with your goals for vital, healthy living.
- Are you facing tough decisions as you or a loved one grow older? The Anne Byron Waud Patient and Family Resource Center for Healthy Aging offers help with your current needs and difficult questions. For more information, see their home page www.rush.edu/WaudCenter or phone (312) 563-2700 or (800) 755-4411.
Looking for Other Health Information?
- Visit our Health Information home page.
- Visit Discover Rush’s Web Resource page to find articles on health topics and recent health news from Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. You will also find many helpful links to other areas of our site.
Looking for a Doctor?
Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, is a leader in caring for people of all ages, from newborns through older adults.
Just phone (888) 352-RUSH or (888) 352-7874 for help finding the Rush doctor who’s right for you.