Christopher Nolan received his Master of Public Administration in health policy and management from New York University’s Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service. Prior to Wagner, he received his Bachelor of Arts from New York University’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study. Most recently, he worked at Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn as the coordinator of physician strategic alignment and previously served as the administrative Intern. At Lutheran, Nolan focused on quality and utilization improvement opportunities – more specifically completing an opportunity assessment regarding average length of stay, readmissions and average number of physician consults, creating a template/model to present improvement opportunities on a hospital and department level, and assisting with the implementation of a gainsharing program. During his fellowship at Rush, Nolan looks forward to continuing his work in quality improvement and cost effectiveness as well as exploring his interests in coordination of care, including patient centered care initiatives.
Kara Stubbins completed her master’s degree in health care administration at Ohio State University’s College of Public Health. During her graduate program, she fulfilled her summer residency at Sinai Health System of Chicago. Two of her projects there comprised a Blue Cross/Blue Shield financial analysis and a committee leadership role in completing a system-wide analysis of patient hand-off procedures within the health system. Originally from Ohio, Stubbins obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in communication and marketing at the University of Southern California. While there, Kara interned at the USC University Hospital in the HR department and spent several summers working in the office of a small physician orthopedic practice, propelling her interest in the health care field. During her administrative fellowship, she looks forward to furthering her experiences in hospital operations, patient quality and safety and finance.
- Elizabeth Wurth (2012-2013), Cornell, patient experience consultant, Patient Relations, Rush University Medical Center
- Stephen McMillen (2012-2013), Johns Hopkins University, project manager, Medical Affairs, Rush University Medical Center
- Arthi Susai (2011-2012), University of Michigan, service line project manager, Solid Organ Transplant & Heart and Vascular Services, Rush University Medical Center
- Geoff Zar (2011-2012), University of South Carolina’s School of Public Health, practice manager, Orthopedics, North Shore University Health System
- Nicole Ashmus (2010-2011), University of Michigan, manager, Professional Affairs, Northwestern Department of Surgery
- Katherine Hinty (2010-2011), Medical University of South Carolina, associate, Huron Consulting Firm
- Carolyn Miller (2009-2010), University of Iowa, practice administrator, Indiana University Health Physicians
- Robert Silverstein (2009-2010), Medical University of South Carolina, manager, Supply Chain Operations, Rush University Medical Center
- Kristy Anwuri (2008-2009), Yale University, senior consultant, Process Improvement, Navigant Consulting
- Braden Mantei (2008-2009), University of Michigan, director, Medical Affairs, Rush University Medical Center
- Gauri Brown (2007-2008), Yale University
- Nisha Lulla (2007-2008), Johns Hopkins University, director, Hospital Operations, Rush University Medical Center
Learn more about the Administrative Fellowship Program.