Symptoms of Depression? Don’t Keep It To Yourself
Depression can have a big impact on your health and well-being. If you have at least five of the following symptoms for two weeks or more, let your doctor know:
- Persistent sad, anxious or empty mood.
- Sleep problems.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss, or increased appetite and weight gain.
- Loss of pleasure or interest in activities once enjoyed.
- Restlessness or irritability.
- Persistent physical symptoms that don’t respond to treatment.
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering or making decisions.
- Fatigue or loss of energy.
- Feelings of guilt, hopelessness or worthlessness.
- Thoughts of suicide or death.
Symptoms may be different in men. They might turn to alcohol or drugs, work excessively long hours or appear angry or discouraged.
If you or someone you know is experiencing multiple of the above symptoms, speak to your physician right away to begin improving the quality of your life. Call (888) 352-RUSH for a physician referral.