Application Guidelines and Instructions
The SAME Network High School Internship Program operated by the Department of Community Affairs of Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, will offer students in grades nine through twelve, an opportunity to participate in year-round after school and summer learning activities.
The goal of the High School Internship Program is to provide participants with an opportunity to explore careers in the field of science by working a variety of departments at Rush University Medical Center. The SAME Network believes that by exposing students to careers in health-related fields, students will gain increased confidence in their own abilities to accomplish career goals, ultimately improving their academic achievements and encouraging more students to enter into science-related careers. Download an application using the link at right under "Related Topics."
- Applicant Qualifications
- Possess a strong desire to pursue a science-related career, preferably health-related
- Be a U.S. resident and/or permanent resident
- Enrolled in the ninth grade
- Have a minimum grade average of “B” or better in the past year
- Demonstrate good skills and positive habits
- Capable of devoting 10-15 hours to program activities on a weekly basis
- Finalists will participate in personal interview with Rush University Medical Center staff and stakeholders.
- Successful candidates must submit a current physical and immunization record.
Rush University Medical Center
401 Kidston Building
1653 West Congress Parkway
Chicago, IL 60612-3833