| || |
|Fall 2006 Discover Rush|| |
Welcome to the Discover Rush Web Resource Center, the health newsletter from Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois.
On this page, you will find articles on health and medical topics as well as recent news and links to interactive health tools.
Are you having trouble with your sleep?
Then you’ve come to the right place. Click here to participate in an online conversation to help you focus on the specific sleeping problems you may be experiencing. This conversation is an ideal first step to addressing your sleep troubles, today.
The interactive conversation will be between five to 20 minutes long, depending on your responses to the questions and prompts. The average conversation lasts for about 12 minutes. You’ll need a broadband connection to participate.
Our Monthly Electronic Health Newsletter
- Receive health information, breaking medical news and helpful tips for maintaining your health each month via e-mail. Subscribe today to our monthly e-newsletter, Discover Rush Online.
- Recent articles:
- Interested in past issues of Discover Rush Online?
Discover Rush Fall 2006 issue
To download a PDF of this issue of Discover Rush see link at right under “Related Topics.” Or view selected articles using the links below.
Visit our archive of past issues of Discover Rush.
The Stress Connection
How you feel can affect how you eat
- For information on “Paths to Wellness: Stress Management Review,” scheduled for Saturday, September 16, and other community health events offered by Rush, visit the Upcoming Events page
- Looking for some ideas for minimizing stress, read “Eleven Easy Tips for Relieving Stress.”
Food for Thought
Nutrition for older adults
- For more information about nutrition for adult older adults, read “Good Nutrition Tailored to the Needs of Older Adults.”
- To learn more about our a free health and aging membership program for older adults and the people who care for them, visit the Rush Generations home page. Or call (800) 757-0202. Rush Generations can help you with your goals for vital, healthy living.
- For information on medical services for older adults, visit the Geriatric Services home page. Or call (800) 757-0202.
- Are you facing tough decisions as you or a loved one grow older? The Anne Byron Waud Patient and Family Resource Center for Healthy Aging offers help with your current needs and difficult questions. For more information, see their home page www.rush.edu/WaudCenter or phone (312) 563-2700 or (800) 755-4411.
Good Foods on the Go
Women's Health Initiative
Studying the impact of diet on women
When Stress Affects Your Health
Helping Kids Cope With Stress
- For more information about the pediatric care at Rush visit the Rush Children’s Hospital home page.
- Or phone (888) RUSH-KID or (888) 787-4543 for a referral to a pediatrician or a mental health professional that works with children.
New Knee Implant Developed
- For more information about knee and hip replacement surgery at Rush, visit the Joint Replacement Surgery home page.
- For more information about orthopedic health services and medical care at Rush, visit the Orthopedic Care home page.
Top Honors for Rush Cancer Program
Honored Twice Over
Rush nurses receive Magnet designation once again for their outstanding nursing talent and unwavering commitment to patient care
Free Health Classes Sponsored by Rush
Discover even more about Rush
To add your name to the mailing list for our quarterly magazine, Discover Rush, call (888) 352-RUSH.