The next generation of health care
Need tips on staying healthy, vital and productive as you grow older? Want help managing an illness or disability, or managing the care of an older relative? If you find yourself nodding your head “yes” as you read this, Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, has a new program that could be right for you or a loved one.
RUSH Generations, a health and aging program, was designed to meet the needs of today’s caregivers and older adults. And at Rush we know a little something about older adults. No other geriatric program in Chicago ranks higher, according to U.S.News & World Report. We’re home to geriatricians — primary care doctors who specialize in the care of older adults — and a host of physicians with specialties in areas such as Alzheimer’s disease, stroke care and Parkinson’s disease. These doctors work together to bring the very best in health care to older adults.
And now with RUSH Generations, we take our dedication to older adults and caregivers one step further. Whether you’re retired, nearing retirement or simply want more information about getting the best out of life as you age, this free membership program offers what everyone deserves: the opportunity to take charge of your health.
Members receive a free package of benefits, including:
- A toll-free telephone line for older adult, family and caregiver support
- Personalized needs assessment and care planning for individuals and families
- Health risk appraisals and screenings
- Educational and support groups
- Access to a health resource library
- One-on-one computer training
- Help understanding Medicare, including assistance filing claims and appeals
- Assistance choosing among drug benefit opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities
To learn more or to become a member, call (800) 757-0202.
For information on clinical services for older adults click here.
For information about free classes offered by Rush Generations click here.