The Rush Adolescent Family Center in Chicago, Illinois is one of the nation’s oldest prenatal care and family planning clinics for teens. The Center provides a full range of prenatal care, family planning and pregnancy prevention counseling and education services to teens and young adults ages 12 through 23 years. The Adolescent Family Center is made up of three program areas:
- Prenatal Care Program, providing a full range of prenatal care services along with prenatal counseling and education.
- Family Planning Program, providing confidential gynecological care, contraceptive and counseling services.
- Community Education Program, providing pregnancy prevention and family life education to teens and preteens attending Chicago-area schools and community agencies.
The Adolescent Family Center provides:
- Prenatal care
- Confidential pregnancy testing
- Prenatal counseling
- Prenatal education
- KidCare application assistance
- Confidential gynecological care
- Confidential contraceptive services
- Confidential testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Family planning counseling
- Family planning and reproductive health community education
The center offers services on a sliding fee scale. However, we serve all patients regardless of income or ability to pay. The center helps uninsured pregnant teens apply for KidCare to cover the cost of their prenatal care and delivery.
The Adolescent Family Center staff includes Rush University Medical Center physicians, nurses, medical assistants, social workers and clerical staff.