The Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology at Rush Children's Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, offers the broadest range of services available for treatment of problems of the stomach and intestines. The staff is dedicated to delivering top-quality care to our young patients and their families. This includes patient education as well as communicating with each patient's primary care physician.
Comprehensive clinical services in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition include the following:
- All flexible endoscopic diagnostic procedures, including colonoscopy, esophagogastroduodenoscopy and ERCP
- Endoscopic therapeutic procedures, including dilatation, percutaneous gastrostomy tube placement and polypectomy
- Interventional radiologic procedures used as alternatives to major surgery for children with hemorrhagic complications of portal hypertension (e.g., “TIPS” procedures)
- Three-channel breath testing for noninvasive diagnosis of carbohydrate intolerances, mouth to cecum transit time, and small bowel overgrowth
- Nutrition and diet evaluation and counseling
- Multi-specialty clinics providing services in complex cases of allergic intestinal disease, medical and surgical anatomical and inflammatroy gastrointestinal disorders, malabsorption disorders, amongst others.
In addition to our main office in Chicago at Rush Children's Hospital, we see patients at offices in these convenient suburban locations:
- Lake Bluff
- Oak Park
- Munster, Indiana